About us

We are a firm of highly experienced chartered surveyors, and we specialise in Level 2 Homebuyer Report and Level 3 Building Surveys (sometimes called a “Full Structural Survey”). We also carry out RICS standard Redbook compliant Valuations. We also provide commercial surveys and we have a wealth of knowledge in all types of residential and commercial buildings, and actively employ experts in technology and construction of buildings. We pride ourselves on providing a 5* Service, which can be backed up by our Trustpilot Reviews. .

Watch video  

Why choose us?

At Heyes Chartered Surveyors we have experience and the reputation to provide you with a 5* Service. This experience, has enabled us to provide all three levels of home survey report, to the highest quality and allowing us to navigate each property we survey and reduce the risks for you in the house buying process. With experience, dedication and conscientiousness of our surveyors, with local knowledge of the properties within your area, we can provide concise and jargon free reports to allow you to make these important decisions before you commit to buy.

  • Stress free from Start to Finish - we will handle it all the way from taking the instruction
  • Easy to understand ‘Jargon Free' survey report with all questions answered
  • Professional, prompt and friendly service with extensive knowledge of properties in your and the surrounding areas
  • Reports completed and returned within 5-7 working days
  • We carry full professional indemnity insurance amp
  • Regulated members of the RICS
  • Over 18 years structural experience
  • Verbal feedback given after the survey


The importance of a home survey

As members of RICS, we subscribe to many news and research documents. The ones conducted by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), showed that ‘on average, buyers who do not obtain a home survey report, on average, spend almost £6,000 on repair bills once they have moved into their new home. A home survey will provide the buyer with much more information on the condition of the property and highlight any work that will need to be carried out’ (RICS 2015).


What Survey should I choose?

This will depend on the type of property type, age, tenure type (freehold or leasehold). Selecting the right survey type is an importnat aspect. If you are unsure, please give one of friendly team a call and we will happily advise.

Frequently Asked Questions

If any questions you are looking to be answered are not covered below, please send us an email and one of our friendly team will be able to provide this.

Does the report cover the services such as electricity, gas, water and heating for example?

Yes, we provide the advice required to allow you to make a detailed decision on the services or advise further investigations, where required by specialists that are qualified in these fields.

Do you test for asbestos or check for lead pipes?

The survey is a visual inspection and we are not qualified to undertake asbestos testing. We will advise if we suspect asbestos or lead materials are present and advise of the next steps. There are no legal requirements to remove any of these materials. They are reccomendations only.

Does a Level 2 RICS Homebuyer Report Provide Repair Costs?

No, only a Level 3 RICS Building Survey can provide this.

Does a Level 3 RICS Building Survey include a market valuation?

No, only a Level 2 RICS Homebuyer Report will include a Market Valuation. However, we are able to provide a separate, stand alone market valuation report alongside a Level 3 Building Survey Report. Please note there is an additional fee for this service. Please contact us for an individual quote.

Are cellars, drains and loft spaces inspected?

Yes, cellars and loft spaces are inspected if we deem them safe to access. Drains are not inspected but we will make comments on visual and connecting components, for example lifting manhole covers.

Will you advise of risks such as flood risks, mining areas, radon gas and subsidence?

Yes, we advise if these are risks, but do not carry out any specific reports or geological tests.

I’ve had a mortgage or lenders valuation. Why do I need a Level 2 Homebuyer Report or a Level 3 RICS Building Survey undertaking as well?

A Level 2 Homebuyer Report or a Level 3 RICS Building Survey should not be confused with a mortgage valuation report. The mortgage valuation will give your mortgage lender assurance for its loan that the property is worth what they are lending and to minimise risk to them that the property secure to lend upon. It will not give you an assessment of the condition of the property, or advice about repairs and maintenance.

Are all your surveyors qualified?

Our surveyors are either FRICS, MRICS or AssocRICS. We do however, occasionally send trainee surveyors who are nearing qualification, so that they gain valuable skills in surveying. In a lot of cases these are accompanied surveys with a qualified experienced surveyor or if we deem the surveyor to have the skills and competence we may send them alone. All work, irrespective of qualifications, is quality assurance checked by an experienced surveyor through our rigorous checks in line with our ISO9001 accreditation.

Do you carry professional indemnity insurance?

Yes, we are fully compliant and carry full professional indemnity insurance cover and public liability. It is a strict RICS regulation that we carry this insurance cover.