We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
This document was created in house and by Heyes Chartered Surveyors and is not to copied without our express written knowledge.
2. What information do we collect?
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation).
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both Session cookies and Persistent cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; prevent fraud and increase website security. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to the use of our website.
See also No 5. Internet Advertising below.
4. Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- enable your use of the services available on the website.
- supply to you services purchased via the website.
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
5. Internet Advertising
We use information gathered on our website via anonymous (persistent, third party) cookies to run targeted advertising campaigns. These cookies are used to serve targeted adverts via the Google Adwords platform, and across the Google Display Network (GDN). The aim of these campaigns is to re-market our goods and services to you, based upon your interaction with our website, or to market to audiences with similar search patterns and behaviours to our website visitors. These campaigns are aimed to keep you informed of products or services in which we think you may be interested, based upon your previous visits to our website or internet browsing behaviour.
The specific features of the Google Adwords platform that we may use consists in: displaying adverts to you based upon your interaction with our website, or displaying adverts based upon what Google deems to be the topics or interests that you are interested in (based upon your internet searching and browsing behaviour). Adverts will be displayed across the internet on third-party sites, and served via the GDN. If you are visiting a site that participates in the Google Adsense programme, and so are part of the GDN, then advertising may be displayed to you.
All of the information provided by the cookies that we use is anonymous; these cookies do not collect personal information about visitors to our website, or your use of the internet.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
7. Security of your personal information
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall protected servers. All electronic monetary transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
8. Policy amendments
9. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
10. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.